Photo Tour in Magical Venice, Italy
Discover The Artist Inside You
You can now pre-book this tour, no deposit required. Fill in the form below to guarantee your place in the group.
Venice is undoubtedly the most beautiful city built by man and it definitely is one of Europe's most romantic cities. It is also known for its several important artistic movements, especially the Renaissance period.
For a photographer, Venice is one big adventure. Once you are caught in its small, traffic-free and seemingly endless streets and bridges along the winding canals, you would have no other option but to keep on walking and photographing – no better way to explore and photograph this city of art.
Tour or Workshop?
This is a photo tour
A photo tour is based on holiday, relaxation and enjoyment. We will take you to well researched locations and will guide you on how to photograph them. You need to have a basic knowledge in photography and how to use your equipment when you join one of our tours. Saying that, we are always there to help if needed.
A photo workshop is purely based on tuition. We do our best to teach you as much as we can during the length of it. If you are new to photography and you need to learn technical aspects such as aperture, shutter speed and how to use your equipment including the use of filters, then we recommend you join one of our photo workshops.
Please note that neither our photo tours nor our photo workshops offer post processing tuition. Depending on weather conditions and time permitting, there might be some one to one Lightroom post processing tuition but it is not compulsory and should not be expected during any of our tours or workshops. If you wish to learn how to post process your pictures, we recommend the purchase of downloadable videos from Photoshop Cafe.
The group size for this tour is limited to six people per tutor. Due to its small size group, this photo tour is designed with inspiration in mind, allowing plenty of time for individual attention by the tutors, making sure you photograph the area under the best light and the best time of day.
This is a photo tour and not a workshop, knowledge of the basic rules of photography and knowledge of your photo equipment is required. Saying that, both tutors will be available to answer any questions you might have and to guide you on composition and inspiration. For the more experienced participants, there will be guidance on visualisation. We guarantee you will leave this photo tour with new skills, great memories and many stunning images.
• Camera and lenses: please make sure you know how to use your camera or at least the basic functions – make sure you bring the camera's manual along with you. Focal length of wide angle to 300mm will be adequate.
• Tripod: a sturdy tripod is strongly recommended. If you need advice on purchasing a tripod, we recommend the Manfrotto 055 or similar. If you own a low budget light aluminium tripod such as Jessops and you are wondering if it is good enough, no, it is not. It will not allow you to trust your gear on it and it will not allow us to help you with tuition.
• ND Grad filters: Neutral Density Graduated filters are highly recommended for balancing exposure difference between land and sky. We recommend a 1.5 stop hard and a 3 stop soft (enough to get you started). Full instruction can be given during the workshop to help you with the correct use of filters.
• ND filter (optional): to get the very best out of your images and the locations, we suggest that you bring a good Neutral Density filter with you such as the Lee Little Stopper or Big Stopper or the Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter for long exposures. This will help to exclude tourists from your compositions as they will not be recorded due to long exposure.
• Shutter release cable: for longer than 30 seconds exposures.
• Warm and weatherproof clothing is a must as the weather can be very unpredictable. ☀ ☁ ❄.
We also encourage you to bring some digital files of your previous work as there will be opportunities to discuss your portfolio and supply you with beneficial feedback.
All transportation in Venice will be on foot apart from a vaporetto transfer to Burano island (not included in the price). We will meet all participants at Venice airport during a designated date and time. If you arrive or depart at a different time or date, you will need to make your own way to the hotel. Don't worry though, the vaporetto stops outside the hotel. Full details will be available in due course. Transportation with vaporetto to and from Venice airport is not included in the price.
The workshop starts on Monday 16 January 2017 and ends on Friday 20 January 2017 after breakfast.
Pricing £ $ €
The cost for this tour is £1,095. A deposit of £400 is required in order to book your place, the outstanding balance will be requested three months before the tour date.
Although all clients of our 'Inspiring Photography Workshops' company are covered by our public liability insurance, we recommend that you take your own travel insurance also.
*Exchange rates are approximate and may vary at the time of payment.
Dimitri Vasileiou is a highly acclaimed landscape photographer, writer and photographic workshop leader. A professional photographer for several years, he was born in Greece and currently resides in Scotland.
Some of his work has been reproduced in the Daily Record newspaper and he has also had work published in a number of photography magazines and books.
In 2011 Dimitri founded Landscape Photography Magazine. He is the editor and currently writing articles every month for the publication.
Mike Bell is a semi pro and highly enthusiastic landscape photographer based in Perthshire, Scotland. He is also a full time contributor and author of many articles for Landscape Photography Magazine. Mike's photographs have been reproduced and published by Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust, Visit Scotland, Forestry Commission Scotland and local tourist associations.
These days Mike Bell spends a large amount of his time travelling and photographing stunning locations around the world. Mike has a great knowledge and experience on teaching novice photographers and he will be a valuable asset to this adventure.
You can view Mike's own images from Venice here.
We will be staying at the Rialto Hotel. The hotel is situated right next to the world famous Rialto bridge. The Vaporeto from the airport and from other Venice destinations stops right outside the hotel.
Pre-book this tour to guarantee your place in the group. No deposit required.