Discover The Artist Inside You
You can now pre-book this tour, no deposit required, just fill in the form below. This will guarantee your place in the group.
Venice is undoubtedly the most beautiful city built by man and it definitely is one of Europe's most romantic cities. It is also known for its several important artistic movements, especially the Renaissance period.
For a photographer, Venice is one big adventure. Once you are caught in its small, traffic-free and seemingly endless streets and bridges along the winding canals, you would have no other option but to keep on walking and photographing – no better way to explore and photograph this city of art.
Tour or Workshop?
This is a photo tour
A photo tour is based on holiday, relaxation and enjoyment. We will take you to well researched locations and will guide you on how to photograph them. You need to have a basic knowledge in photography and how to use your equipment when you join one of our tours. Saying that, we are always there to help if needed.
A photo workshop is purely based on tuition. We do our best to teach you as much as we can during the length of it. If you are new to photography and you need to learn technical aspects such as aperture, shutter speed and how to use your equipment including the use of filters, then we recommend you join one of our photo workshops.
Please note that neither our photo tours nor our photo workshops offer post processing tuition. Depending on weather conditions and time permitting, there might be some one to one Lightroom post processing tuition but it is not compulsory and should not be expected during any of our tours or workshops. If you wish to learn how to post process your pictures, we recommend the purchase of downloadable videos from Photoshop Cafe.
Limited to seven people per tutor, this adventure is designed with inspiration in mind, allowing plenty of time for individual attention by the tutors.
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅
Photographers of all experience levels are welcome. This adventure will provide many opportunities to learn about composition, focusing and exposure techniques, as well as how to find your inner artistic self. For the more experienced participants, there will be guidance on visualisation and inspiration. We guarantee you will leave this adventure with new skills and techniques, great memories and many stunning images.
- Camera and lenses: please make sure you know how to use your camera or at least the basic functions – make sure you bring the camera's manual along with you. You will need a wide angle lens as well as a long zoom – something like a 700-300mm would be ideal. Saying that, if you are happy to snap away with a compact camera to create beautiful Venetian memories, then you are also more than welcome to come along.
- Tripod: a sturdy tripod is strongly recommended. If you need advice on purchasing a tripod, we recommend the Manfrotto 055 – or similar. If you own a low budget light aluminium tripod such as Jessops and you are wondering if it is good enough, no, it is not. It will not allow you to trust your gear on it and it will not allow us to help you with tuition.
- ND Grad filters: Neutral Density Graduated filters are highly recommended for balancing exposure difference between land and sky. We recommend a 2 stop hard and a 3 stop soft (enough to get you started). Full instruction can be given during the workshop to help you with the correct use of filters.
- ND filter (optional): to get the very best out of your images and the locations, we suggest that you bring a good Neutral Density filter with you such as the Lee Little Stopper or Big Stopper or the Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter for long exposures. They will help you avoid recording crowds in your pictures when photographing during the day.
- Shutter release cable: for longer than 30 seconds exposures
- Warm and weatherproof clothing is a must as the weather can be very unpredictable. ☀ ☁ ❄
All transportation in Venice will be on foot apart from a vaporetto transfer to Burano island (not included in the price). We will meet all participants at Venice airport during the designated date and time. If you arrive or depart at a different time or date, you will need to make your own way to the hotel. Don't worry though, the vaporetto stops outside the hotel. Full details will be available in due course. Transportation with vaporetto to and from Venice airport is not included in the price.
Pricing £ $ €
The cost for this tour is £1,095. A deposit of £200, the outstanding balance will be requested two months before the tour date.
Although all clients of our 'Inspiring Photography Workshops' company are covered by our public liability insurance, we recommend that you take your own travel insurance also.
*Exchange rates are approximate and may vary at the time of payment.
Tutors / Accommodation
Dimitri Vasileiou is a highly acclaimed landscape photographer, writer and photographic workshop leader. A professional photographer for several years, he was born in Greece and currently resides in Scotland.
Some of his work has been reproduced in the Daily Record newspaper and he has also had work published in a number of photography magazines and books.
In 2011 Dimitri founded Landscape Photography Magazine. He is the editor and currently writing articles every month for the publication.
Mike Bell is a semi pro and highly enthusiastic landscape photographer based in Perthshire, Scotland. He is also a full time contributor and author of many articles for Landscape Photography Magazine. Mike's photographs have been reproduced and published by Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust, Visit Scotland, Forestry Commission Scotland and local tourist associations.
These days Mike Bell spends a large amount of his time travelling and photographing stunning locations around the world. Mike has a great knowledge and experience on teaching novice photographers and he will be a valuable asset to this adventure.
You can view Mike's own images from Venice here.
We will be staying at the Rialto Hotel. The hotel is situated right at the world famous Rialto bridge. The Vaporeto from the airport and from other Venice destinations stops right outside the hotel.