We have all been there, waiting for the perfect moment when the light is at its best and suddenly... light rain starts. You have one option, put the gear back in your camera bag and wait for the rain to stop, then start all over again.
Some people carry a plastic bag and cover the camera. It is one solution but not the best as this only protects you from light rain. You can also have an ordinary umbrella with you but again, you have to hold it yourself and this means you are left with only one hand free.
I have been looking for ages for a proper solution, one that leaves my hands free and yet, protects my gear.
However, it's not just the rain that your gear needs protection from, it is also the sun. During a sunset or sunrise shoot, especially when the sun is on the front and sidewise of the lens, it will definitely cause sun flare – or at least, it will result in less contrasty images. With the umbrella's flexible and highly adjustable arm, you can now block out the sun from your lens and achieve flare free and contrasty images.
As a landscape photographer I found the umbrella to be invaluable for what I do and the time I spend on location. The only drawback is that you can not use it when it's windy.
The umbrella's diameter is 75cm when open and the total length is 85cm. The arm splits in two pieces, which makes carrying even easier.• UK Price: £25
• Worldwide Price: £40
All prices are inclusive of postage.
2) Fill in the form. Name, surname and email address.
3) Click [+] Add Billing Method
4) Wait a couple of seconds for the popup window to appear
5) Add your debit/credit card details and click add
6) Click Submit Form and wait for a few seconds until payment is processed and approved
7) Upon payment completion a yellow banner will appear on top of this page. The yellow banner will display Thank you. Your purchase has been approved. – Please click here to proceed. Upon clicking the link you will be transferred to a page where you can fill in your address details for the delivery.
You will also receive an email with a link to access that same page. Make sure you use the same browser to access the page on our website.
If you are using advert blocking software, you might not be able to see the [+] Add Billing Method popup, which allows for payments. Please disable your adblocking software temporarily until payment is complete.